Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pancho's Villa of Parkville

Sorry I haven't been blogging as extensively. I got this awesome new job - and it's exactly what I wanted. It encompasses everything I love about the food industry, but enough about that. This is about Pancho's Villa of Parkville, MO.

It's so small because we keep all of the beautiful flavors inside
One would think that it is a conflict of interest if a Chef reviews her own restaurant. I honestly think that as well, so I'm just going by quotes of my friends in Culinary school that have been gracious enough to take time out of their busy schedules to come to the restaurant and tell me what they think. For the sake of their privacy, I will use Pseudonyms. And funny ones at that.

Pancho's Villa on UrbanspoonNot Fat but Not Skinny Chef - "Some of the best Mexican food I've had in a while."

Not Fat but Not Skinny Chef's blond Friend - "Oh my God! I wasn't ready for all that! I want like four of those mini chimis to take home."


I can't remember what my boyfriend and his parents said exactly so I don't want to quote them, but they enjoyed the quality of the meat and whatnot. And my boyfriend definitely loves it whenever I'm able to bring stuff home from the restaurant.

Also, I'm from Arizona, so I know good Mexican food. With portions and whatnot, it's also a very good value for what you order - and we also do have vegetarian/vegan options if you so need.

The Front of House staff is always a delight to work with, and I enjoy cooking the food every day. The only thing I can say without too much bias is that the food at Pancho's is made with a lot of heart. It's a recent re-open/revival of the same restaurant that was there prior to the Great Flood of '93, which veritably shut most of Parkville down for a time. Now the people that owned it before have it again, and it's coming back with a great deal of heart and soul.

Bottom line, not nearly enough people know about this little gem, and I'm not just saying that because I work there. I care very deeply about this restaurant and I know that everybody who works there does as well. It's a family affair and I know we all work hard to make sure everybody leaves happy and full.

So how about it? Come on in and vote for us! (PS We're also on Yelp.com!)